Gravitation is an interactive physical simulation program. It allows you to study the movement of celestial bodies in their mutual gravitational field. It can for example be used to illustrate Kepler's laws of planetary motion or to create a simulation of the solar system.
Gravitation is written in C++ using the well-known framework Qt. Therefore it runs on Windows and Linux. It should be no problem to compile it for any other platform supported by Qt. Gravitation is completely free and published under the GPL.
- Real-time simulation of the dynamics of celestial objects.
- Time and length scale independent.
- The number of objects is only limitated by CPU-power.
- Multiple numerical solving methods.
- 2D and 3D views.
- Saving and loading of simulations.
- Statistics for the whole world and detailed information on every object.